Thursday 5 March 2009

Easy week

Monday 2nd March
Nice easy week this week, both to recover from the long run yesterday and to get myself fresh, physically and mentally, for the Gloucester 20 mile race next Sunday.

Surprised myself greatly by managing to knock out 10k on the treadmill tonight, even though it was pretty slow - I didn't get above 11.2kph and that was only in the last kilometre as well to be fair. Followed this up with some abs work for about 15-20 minutes. Good session for a recovery run.

Tuesday 3rd March
Speed session tonight, albeit not as intense as usual. 1.6k warm up, then 10 * 2 minutes at 14kph, followed by 1.6k cool-down. I know I usually run for longer and faster but I've had a couple of twinges in my calves since Sunday and didn't want to risk any damage.

Got to the gym late as was in work until 6pm so no time to go to the cinema tonight. Oh well, there's always next week, and maybe Saturday afternoon.

Wednesday 4th March
Body pump followed by RPM. Enjoyed both classes as usual, careful not to overdo it on the legs. Plan now is complete rest for three days with a full body massage with Ali on Friday. I have always performed best in races when I've had two or three days off and I'm hoping to finish the 20-mile race in under three hours, which is about 9-minute miling. I'll have a much better chance with fresh legs.

No comments: