Monday 2 August 2010

August 2010

Sunday 1st August
Ran to gym, did RPM (Nicole again) then ran 5 miles on the treadmill, ran home. So about 11 miles of running and an hour of spinning. Wanted to run for longer on the treadmill but had a very painful stitch. Still, managed to get quite a bit of housework done in the afternoon.

Monday 2nd August
Abs class. Tired after doing a lot at the weekend, and plan to do the Pewsey 5 on Wednesday so trying to conserve energy. Still plan to go to the track tomorrow as it's only 8 * 300m.

Tuesday 3rd August
Track session, 8 * 300m. Took it fairly steady as racing the next day.

Wednesday 4th August
Competed in the Pewsey 5 which turned out to be one of the most painful experiences of my racing career. Basically my lower back seized up in the second mile and I was in agony the rest of the way. I finished in over 44 minutes - 5 minutes slower than my last 5 mile race.
Still, the evening wasn't a complete disaster. Janine came with me so I had company and we stopped for a drink in Marlborough on the way home. She had a nice surprise later when I got an email from Gary O'Brien telling me he had collected a trophy on her behalf (she came 3rd in the senior female category). So a pleasant evening despite the pain, but I definitely need to find someone to give me a good sports massage.

Thursday 5th August
In no mood to do any running today. RPM and circuits.

Friday 6th August
Walked to and from work.

Saturday 7th August
Intended to give the park run another go and parked at the gym so I could jog out there. I was running too late though and they were starting just as I got there. My back was still niggling me, so I decided to spectate instead. Got chatting to a nice lady whose daughter was running and they recommended a sports therapist, the same one my friend Dom goes to. As I write I have arranged an appointment for later in the month.
Jogged back to the gym and did RPM and body pump.

Sunday 8th August
Had to cut my long run short (about 8 miles) as doing housework all morning and had a viewing pencilled in for the afternoon. Could have carried on running as it was cancelled anyway.

Monday 9th August
Complete rest. Got my hair cut. I'm tired.

No comments: