Wednesday 4 February 2009

Brrr...it's cold out there...there must be some long runs in the atmosphere...

Sunday 1st February
Long run today. Decided to do the Swindon half route from my house. What a silly mistake that was.

For a start, it was freezing cold out there. I remember at one point in the run I touched my nose and the tip felt frozen. Also I was a tad hungover from the previous evening, but more than anything my legs were just too tired from the previous day's training. I really didn't need to be on my feet for so long - but with London less than three months away, part of me told me I did.

Struggled most of the way round but in particular in the last couple of miles, most of which I walked. The rest of me was fine (frozen, but fine) but my legs were just having none of it. There were a few twinges which told me I could injure myself if I pushed it.

Still, good training mentally and physically. I remember when I was training for London two years ago I did the half route from the gym and got lost which meant I was out on my feet for about five hours. It certainly toughened me up!

Monday 2nd February
Just two miles on the treadmill as my legs were screaming at me for some respite. Spent a good 45 minutes going through the core exercises Ali has given me so I don't forget them. Concentrated on the cable exercises and the floor exercises I was less sure on. This is a tough routine.

Tuesday 3rd February
Speed session. 1.6k warm up then 10 x 2 mins @14kph. 1.6k cool down. Legs a lot better tonight but not 100 per cent so decided not to push it as far as the speed is concerned. Did notice I am getting better at coming to a jog more easily at the end of the efforts, which tells me I am getting used to them.

Wednesday 4th February
Body pump and RPM. Legs quite stiff again so if I'm honest the only reason I went into RPM was because a pretty girl in there was smiling at me. She knows who she is.

Also did 2k on the treadmill to warm up for class, if I'm honest this is due to the cricket being on again as much as anything.

No comments: