Friday 17 October 2008

Trying to get back into it (and struggling)

Monday 13th October
Very sore and stiff today. Fortunately it was only me, Andy and Steph going out running so we did the Cheney Manor route (6-7 miles) at a very steady pace.

Tuesday 14th October
Was meant to be doing a speed session on the treadmill with Martin Davis tonight, but neither of us were really ready for it so soon after the race. I just did 8k (5 miles) in the treadmill, nice and slow - I think my top speed was about 11.2kph!

Wednesday 15th October
Had a day (or rather an afternoon) in London today, sports and social club to see Jersey Boys. Managed a run in the morning, only about 20-30 mins round the block. I thought I'd get a good session in but I had too many other things to do, even though I was on the 1:30 train.

Had a good time at the show, spent a couple of hours sitting in a pub editing my book, which is not conducive to getting back into shape but needs to be done time.

Does a fifty minute walk from Blagrove to Old Town constitute training??

Thursday 16th October
Very tired today, by the time I had walked home I couldn't get to sleep and stayed up far too late. Went out with the running club anyway, there were four of us and no one wanted to go crazy, so we did the Kingshill route - about 5.5 miles at a steady pace (approximately 9-minute miles). Perfect for how I was feeling.

No comments: