Thursday 9 October 2008

Pre-and post Holiday training

Saturday 27th September
Just body pump today. Felt really rough and struggled. Definitely need to give my body a break.

Sunday 28th September
Bit of a blur to be honest, think I did about 9 miles but very slow. Went to a party the night before and had to crash in an armchair as not prepared to pay a fortune for a taxi. Ouch.

Monday 29th September
Went out with Terry and Kev for a long run before driving to Gatwick. We did about 11.25 miles a reasonable pace (can't remember what exactly) but I never thought I'd see the day when those two had to ask me to slow down. Good way to go off on holiday.

Tuesday 30th September - Tuesday 7th October inclusive
Absolutely f*ck all. Unless you count a few gentle strolls and a dip in the Med as "training". Did nothing at all except sleep (a lot), eat a full English breakfast every day, read three books (and started the editing process of my own!), drink beer, sit on my balcony with a bottle of wine, have a couple of beers at the pool bar every night, go out to dinner, and maybe go on to a bar for a nightcap.

It was a good holiday, but nowhere near long enough. I definitely needed an extra week. I felt shagged out for the first 3 or 4 days, then felt a bit more relaxed by the fifth day, then the holiday was over and I had to pack my bags and come home. Big sigh.

Wednesday 8th October
Body pump. Dropped my weights to break myself back into it gently. No cardio for the same reason.

Thursday 9th October
Steady run with Becky, she reckoned the route was six miles, but I reckon it was about 7 or 8. We were out on our feet for about 1hr 10 so it must have been.

Anyway, a good way to blow out some cobwebs and get back into it. Swindon half on Sunday so nothing more until then.

No comments: