Monday 5 January 2009

And so it begins...

Sunday 4th January
Did my first long run of the new year, which was basically the Swindon half marathon route but starting from my house. I don't own a garmin, but it must be roughly 15 miles.

It was very cold today, but sunny and quite crisp - no snow or ice fortunately. I actually quite enjoyed the run and it wasn't as much of a struggle as I thought it might be. It took about 2 hours 20 minutes which seemed about right. I did need defrosting when I got back home though...

Monday 5th January
Back at work today, later than expected due to a flat battery. A bit tired after yesterday and it is horrendously icy out there, so no point even trying to run outdoors. Just did 8k (5 miles) on the treadmill, nice and steady.

Was thinking about heading to the track tomorrow, but if it is still as bad I won't bother as running on that surface in just ordinary trainers could prove very dicey indeed.

No comments: