Thursday 17 April 2008

2 hour spinning class

Monday 14th April

Long(ish) steady run on my own, about 90 minutes. Up the railway path, down Marlborough Road, and then down Windsor Road onto Queens Drive and back to the gym via town centre. Would normally have gone past Coate Water, but really didn't want to after yesterday.

Tuesday 15th April

Tonight there was a special 2 hour long spinning class at the gym, which was of special interest to me, and not just because it presented a great opportunity to burn some serious calories; the theme was 80s music! Fancy dress was preferred, but I really don't have time for finding an oufit.

To be honest I probably didn't work as hard as I could have done, especially in the first half hour, as I didn't want to whack too much resistance on and tire my legs out. Still, got a good workout and thoroughly enjoyed myself. A track session would have been harder, but with Jenny and Clare recovering from the London marathon it would have been lonely at the back anyway.

Wednesday 16th April

Just did body pump tonight. Feel I am getting the hang of this new release. In fact I've decided I really like it as pretty much all the tracks are challenging. No cardio work, mostly because I get a bit tired of getting home so late and with my writing I need to strike a better balance between that and training.

Thursday 17th April

10k on the treadmill tonight, fairly steady, faster at the end. Would have been a lovely evening to run outdoors, but with the Highworth 5 on Sunday I didn't want to tire my legs out. Complete rest tomorrow, then a light body pump Saturday, and I'll be hoping to beat last year's time on Sunday. In the car park on the way out I bumped into Tamsin, who had run the London marathon in 3 hours 17 minutes. Found out she is also running the Berlin marathon, so it's nice to know I won't be out there on my own (not that I'll be anywhere near her in the race you understand!)

No comments: