Wednesday 2 April 2008

Start of summer training

Tuesday 1st April
Summer training started at the track tonight, ie fewer reps and longer recoveries. Also there is usually just one group, which means slower athletes like me get less recovery, but at least the session isn't so elitist.

Tonight's session was 15 * 300m, recovery 1 minute 45 seconds off the lead runner. I was still feeling a bit creaky from Sunday so just stayed at the back and made sure I did all the reps. Did 5 laps to warm up at the start and 2 to warm down after the session. Saw my friends Jenny and Clare for the last time for a few weeks, as they are running the London Marathon a week Sunday. I wish them all the best, but must admit I am more than a little envious.

Wednesday 2nd April
Body pump and spinning as usual. James took both classes as Ali was ill and did old tracks in pump. Not sure he got the triceps track right - I'm sure there should have been some presses in there! Meant to ditch spinning on a Wednesday but the thought of torching an extra 700 calories pulled me in in the end.

No comments: