Saturday 5 April 2008

Going in the right direction again

Thursday 3rd April
8k on the treadmill, nice and steady, followed by abs work. Was invited to run outside but decided not to as I have the White Horse half marathon on Sunday. Shame I couldn't get on the cable machine to do the rest of my core work.

Friday 4th April
Complete rest.

Saturday 5th April
Went to body pump in the morning, but went nice and light, especially on squats and lunges. Should have had a rest day really, but as I was saying to someone in the class, I'd be a bit lost not coming to class on Saturday morning - it's kind of ingrained into my routine. Plus I needed to weigh myself..

Weigh-in
Body weight: 15st 9.2lb
Body fat percentage (athletic body type): 16.2%
Can't help feeling there is something wrong with the scales. Four pounds is a lot to lose in just a week. Mind you, I have had a good week mileage wise, plus I've been careful with my eating and drinking. Doubt I will manage to lose four pounds every week, but my goal of being down to 15 stone by the end of the month doesn't look so unrealistic now.

As I write I am cooking my carb-heavy dinner and went to see Son of Rambow at the cinema this afternoon. A very sweet little film and much better than the trailer would suggest. A nice way to relax the afternoon before a race.

No comments: