Tuesday 16 December 2008

Back to back speed sessions

Sunday 14th December
Complete rest. Just feeling lazy I guess.

Monday 15th December
Speedwork. 2k warm-up, then 10 * 2 minutes @ 14.5kph, 2k cool down. All the reps were nice and consistent. Went to the gym about lunch time as I had a day off and seeing as the water tank had blown up, I needed a shower anyway.

Tuesday 16th December
Got to the gym later than usual as I did a half day, 2-6pm. Wasn't sure what to do but didn't want to be leaving too late, so did another speed session, this time 1.6k warm-up, then 8 * 3 minutes @ 14kph, 1.6k cool down.

I chose this as I've got pump tomorrow and on Thursday it's our Christmas lunch in the canteen so a long, steady run will be more the order of the day. I think I must be getting a lot more confident about these speed sessions to be doing two in as many days.

No comments: