Sunday 14 December 2008

Mileage

Wednesday 10th December
Body pump tonight, 1k on the treadmill to warm up, then another 7k after the class, so another 5 miles to the week's mileage in other words.

Found the abs track particularly difficult tonight, perhaps a useful reminder that I need to start doing more core work. I'm certainly going to need it come April 2009.

Thursday 11th December
Speedwork. 1.6k warm up, then 8 * 3 minutes @ 14kph. May have increased the speed to 14.5kph on some of the middle reps, I can't really remember. In any case that speed is becoming more comfortable and the session feels easier. Good stuff.

Managed to go to the cinema tonight to watch "The Children", a low-budget British horror film which was actually very good, certainly as far as horror films go these days. Was also amused when I managed to add Hannah Tointon, the lead actress, as a friend on facebook when I got home. It may sound a bit sad, but it made my day!

Friday 12th December
Long-ish run tonight, up Kingshill, through Old Town, along Marlborough Road and then down Queens Drive, through town and back to the gym. Really needed to clear my head after a busy day at work and some fresh air. Didn't worry too much about the pace but was out for about 90 minutes which seems about right.

Was a bit disturbed on the last section of the run when I ran past a large bunch of youths and one of them made a comment in my direction. I couldn't hear what it was becuase I had my earphones in, but it certainly wasn't complimentary. Fortunately nothing happened, which could well have been because I ignored them and didn't show any fear. I wondered what might have happened had I reacted. Not a nice thought, and it would definitely be a good idea to have some company on longer runs, especially on dark evenings.

Saturday 13th December
Body pump this morning. Had intended to try body attack as well, but it starts at 9.45 and I slept in a bit longer than intended, having been up late doing some editing. Managed 4k on the treadmill before the class however, and would have run after the class as well had Andy and Steph not invited me to a pub lunch.

It turned out to be a really good day, we had lunch in the Steam Railway and then moved on to the Wheatsheaf where we played darts and pool. It meant of course, I didn't get anything else done, and I could have done without the expense, but to be fair I needed a day like this, not having been out much recently. It was a bit of fun, which was overdue.

No comments: