Thursday 13 March 2008

Burning calories

Still no running as I write. The calf is getting better and I'm nearly there, but I don't want to rush back too early and put my recovery back. So I've just done what I can to keep burning calores:

Sunday 9th March
Obviously the 10k at Devizes I planned to do was out of the question so went to the morning spinning class with James. Good class, but horrible knowing I should have been racing.

Monday 10th March
30 minutes on the cross trainer followed by core work. Did almost all of my exercises which was good. Hated not being able to do my recovery run on the treadmill - funny, I never thought I'd miss that piece of equipment this much. Had a chat with Ali who seemed very concerned Iwould try to run through the injury. Obviously I'm frustrated but despite what he thinks I will follow his advice. Went home feeling depressed, did an hour's writing and drank a bottle of wine. Not good I know, but there will always be days like these.

Tuesday11th March
Obviously no question of a track session (again, never ever thought I'd miss it) and Ali had told me that step class would not help, so went to James' spinning class again. Good move this; it transpired it was an endurance class, so was an hour long instead of the usual 45 minutes. Fine by me as it made me sweat profusely and burnt a few more calories.

Wednesday 12th March
Usual thing for a Wednesday, body pump followed by spinning. Ali gave us some old stuff in pump which was good, not least because it reminded me how hard the last chest track was! Lovely to see my friend Kathryn back after she had had some time off with a back injury. Spinning was quiet for once but still good.

Thursday 13th March
Complete rest today as it was our company's quiz evening. Our team won, thanks largely to my compadre Rob Brown's excellent general knowledge and my familiarity with Sugababes, Girls Aloud and Kaiser Chiefs on the music round. Came home with a bottle of bubbly as a prize; I am still hoping to run the Bath half marathon on Sunday (as a training run only - no point at all going for a PB). It would be lovely if I could have the wine to celebrate; I did manage to jog through the car park almost pain-free today and I have a leg massage with Ali tomorrow so let's just keep fingers crossed.

No comments: