Sunday 9 March 2008

Still can't run, but..

Friday 7th March
Working from home today so went to Ali's lunchtime body pump class, which is 45 minutes instead of the usual hour. Basicall we miss out two tracks, in today's case biceps and triceps. Ali had just returned from holiday, so good to see him back. Good also to see a high attendance. Tested out the calf on the treadmill afterwards but it was still painful. To be fair, this was the first day this week I could walk without limping. I must have done some serious damage.

Saturday 8th March
Body pump again. Suffered a little as I had had a few glasses of wine the night before. Yes, I know, I'm supposed to be off it, but I took advantage of the fact I haven't got a race this weekend and really wanted to see Michelle Ryan on Jonathan Ross. Anyway, got though the class and managed to use some heavy weights, especially on the squats and lunges tracks.


Weigh-in Sat 8th March
Weight 15 stone 7.2lb
Body fat percentage (athletic body type) 17%

Good result this; I have managed to lose 5.8lb in the last three weeks. Doubly pleasing considering I haven't run for a week and the two weeks before were fairly easy as I was tapering for Bourton and Reading. Need to keep this going and my aim is to be down to my target weight of 14 1/2 stone by the end of April. (I have a 10k on 27th April so will be looking for another PB). Wouldn't it be great if all the weight was gone by the time summer comes around?

No comments: