Thursday 6 March 2008

No running for a few days

Monday 3rd March
My calf was giving me immense gyp today, so much so I couldn't walk down the stairs at work without holding on to the bannisters on both sides. I went to the gym anyway, thinking I would stretch it out and see what I could do. In the end all I could do was 30 minutes on the cross trainer. I did try walking on the treadmill but as soon as I (very stupidly) tried to break into a jog it was agony and I stopped immediately. The only consolation is, I can very well remember a time when I wouldn't have even contemplated training the day after a half marathon, so it shows how much fitter and stronger I've become.

Tueday 4th March
The track was closed for resurfacing this week but it obviously wouldn't have been an option anyway. Instead I went to step class, and took it very steady, avoiding things like jumping jacks. (Frankie had given me some sage advice when I told her about the injury). Got a good sweat on but couldn't push it as I would have liked to.

Wednesday 5th March
Body pump and spinning as usual (although I am probably going to have to drop the spinning class soon to free up some time in the evenings). We did some different tracks in pump so I took it fairly steady, using good but not insanely heavy weights. Not sure if spinning was a good idea or not, it hurt my calf at first but I've a feeling it may have helped to stretch it out.

Thursday 6th March
The calf is better today but still not right so I didn't risk running. Instead I spent a good hour doing my core exercises, which I really enjoyed. It was hard work and I think I''ll feel it tomorrow. I really need to do more sessions like this; but I hope there won't be too many more weeks like this.

No comments: