Thursday 8 May 2008

Feeling lazy

Sunday 4th May
Complete rest. Should really have done a long run but was just enjoying doing nothing over the bank holiday weekend.

Monday 5th May
Bank holiday, so went to Paul's spinning class in the morning, and then went out with the running club in the evening. There were just four of us; myself, Andy, Kev and Terry. I was feeling rough after too much boozing over the weekend and so myself and Andy hung back a bit. Having said all that, I hope he won't mind me saying I am alarmed at his lack of form and fitness at the moment. I've suggested when he gets back from his trip to the US we start training for some races together.

Tuesday 6th May
Track session tonight, 12 x 300m, 2 minute recoveries (off the lead runner). 4 laps to warm up, 2 to cool down. Even though I did all the reps I was never going to get the most out of tonight's session having had far too much booze over the weekend. Time to curb my excesses. Was also alarmed that my dodgy achilles was hurting after the session.

Wednesday 7th May
Body pump tonight. Did 2km on the treadmill to warm up. Probably better for me than drinking coffee. Was not so ambitious with my weights tonight, but still a good class. Ended up going for a run afterwards, and did the Blagrove route (4.5 - 5 miles). Couldn't face the treadmill again and really needed some fresh air and overdue sunshine.

Thursday 8th May
Spinning class tonight as don't want to tire my legs out before the Keevil 10k on Saturday, so was careful not to add too much resistance. Also did 2km on the treadmill to warm up. Had a nice chat with the instructor, Steve, and my friend Emma after the class so it was worth going to the gym in the end - better than going home and sitting indoors on my own!

I just hope one day's rest is enough before the 10k - in any case I'm not overly optimistic about my time as the forecast is 25 degrees - never easy running in that heat!

No comments: