Monday 23 June 2008

Birthday training

Tuesday 17th June
Track session, 8 * 400m, 2.5 minutes off the leader. Managed all reps, 5 laps to warm up and 3 to cool down. With most of the people from what normally constitutes group 3 no longer showing up, it's getting lonely at the back. But hopefully I will be able to move up to group 2 if I keep these sessions up.

Wednesday 18th June
Body pump this evening. Did 1 mile on the treadmill to warm up beforehand and another 4 after the class. Good session, but the calories burnt off will no doubt be consumed over the next few days.

Thurday 19th June
My birthday today, so just a nice steady run on my own in the afternoon. 1 hour 20 mins approx. Enjoyed the sunshine and took my top off for most of the run! The reason for going out early and on my own was so I could go home and spend the evening relaxing in front of the telly with Twenty20 cricket. See what I mean?

Friday 20th June
Still on holiday so did Ali's 45-minute body pump class at lunchtime, followed by 5k on the treadmill. Found my dodgy hamstring was hurting so resisted the temptation to do any more than that.

Had a full body massage with Ali later in the afternoon, which I found incredibly painful, especially when he did the lower part of my legs. Interesting.

Saturday 21st June
Double classes at the gym, RPM and body pump. It must have been hot in the spinning class as the sweat was pouring off me and at one point in pump I had to wipe the bar down! Not sure Ali approved of me increasing my weights on the triceps and shoulders tracks but it didn't feel too bad.

Followed the session with 30 minutes of core work (half of my routine).

Birthday night out in Bath later so no doubt put back all the calories I'd burned off today..

Sunday 22nd June
Felt surprisingly fresh today and wasn't really sure what to do. In the end did 7 miles (11.2k) on the treadmill in about an hour followed by the Cheney Manor route. So about 13-14 miles in total. Time to start building up my long runs and to do so today was a bonus.

Monday 23rd June
Running club. Did 1 mile on the treadmill to warm up, then we did 7 miles outside. Fortunately I wasn't the only one struggling tonight so managed to keep up despite feeling sore. Good run, in fact, I enjoyed it.

No comments: