Wednesday 16 July 2008

Another horrid track session

Monday 14th July
Recovery run tonight, couldn't face doing it on the treadmill so went outside, but ran on my own as I wasn't up to going out with the running club. As it turned out, I would probably have been alright doing that; I ran the Cheney Manor route (long version) and felt alright. Didn't time the run, but it felt like a good pace.

Good news this, it tells me my body is already getting used to long runs and is recovering quickly. Hopefully my stamina will tell in my next couple of half marathons.

Tuesday 15th July
Another Tuesday, another track session. 5 sets of 2*400m, with one minute between efforts and five minutes between sets. Managed all the reps, did 5 laps to warm up and 2 to cool down.

I've given up worrying about keeping up with the main group, if other people don't come because it's too much like hard work that's up to them. But these sessions never seem to get easier, and I'm wondering if losing a stone has made a difference. Maybe I should time myself and keep a log to reassure myself I'm getting quicker.

It's also getting harder to get to these sessions, traffic across Swindon was terrible tonight and I would save time by going to the gym and doing my own speed work. The problem is, would I push myself as hard if I'm not training in a group?

Wednesday 16th July
Body Pump and RPM tonight. Needed to give my legs a rest from running, but at the same time I really want to push my weight under that 15 stone landmark, because when I do I will make damn sure it never goes above 15 stone again, just as I will never let it go above 16 stone. I doubt I'll ever get it under 14 stone, which makes this landmark particularly special.

Funnily enough, I didn't find either of the classes too bad tonight, which seems odd when you consider I had a stressful day at work and stuggled more on Saturday when I had had a good night's sleep. Strange.

No comments: