Tuesday 22 July 2008

Tapering

Have decided to treat myself to a low-mileage week as I taper down for the Gloucester half marathon on 27th July. Am thinking a PB could be on the cards now my stamina is up.

Monday 21st July
8km (5 miles) on the treadmill, very steady. Felt like I could do more but told myself not to. Did 20 minutes of core exercises instead.

Tuesday 22nd July
Decided to give the track a miss and do a shorter speed session on my own, hills and sprints.

1.6k treadmill, jog out to the ridge, 2 sets of 3 hill reps and 3 sprints, jog back, 1.6k treadmill. Followed by 20 minutes of core work (this seems a good way of fitting it in as opposed to a whole hour of it).

Plan for the rest of the week: body pump tomorrow, rest Thursday, sports massage Friday, light pump Saturday (no squats or lunges). Hopefully this will leave me with nice fresh legs and itching to run Sunday.

No comments: