Monday 7 January 2008

Still poorly

Oh dear. I made a futile attempt at a long run yesterday, planning initially on being out on my feet for a good two hours, but it wasn't to be. I underestimated the effect this cold is having and found I had to walk at regular intervals.

In the end I did what I know as the Lethbridge route, which I often did with Anthony as an endurance run, which is roughly 6 miles. As a steady training run I usually knock it out in about 54 - 55 minutes (it would be interesting to know what I could do it in now if I had someone on my shoulder pushing me round). Yesterday it took about an hour and 10 minutes. In the end I was just glad to get back to the warmth of the gym.

Today (Monday) I'm at home ill. I feel a lot better today, but decided as soon as I woke up that I needed another day of resting to get this cold out of my system. So no gym obviously.

It's frustrating, obviously, but it may all be for the best. A few days rest can often do more good than harm.

Tomorrow was meant to be a track session but I'll have to see how I'm feeling. Another lengthy treadmill session may be better, to burn off some serious calories, perhaps followed by some core work.

No comments: