Saturday 16 February 2008

Body pump and weigh in

Saturday 16th February

On Thursday I checked my training log and realised I had only had one day of complete rest in the last twenty days so I decided to give myself two days off to let my legs recover. It also freed up some time for me to finish the latest assignment for my writing course. I was itching to go to body pump this morning. Took it easy, going a bit lighter on the squats and lunges tracks. Enjoyed the class.

Weigh in
Body weight: 15st 13lb
Body fat percentage: 18.5% (athletic body type)

Good news this; in two weeks I have lost just over 5 pounds. That's good going. Ali was impressed, and asked me what I had been doing different. Obviously I've been doing the long runs, but training has never been an issue for me. My eating has been very controlled, and I have been alcohol-free for the last 8 days. It isn't just the calories in the booze - when I drink I tend to snack as well. Just shows what a simple change can do.

Interestingly, when I asked Ali if he had time to weigh me he said no and told me to do it myself. He did have time, because his next session wasn't for half an hour. He just wanted me to do it for myself, which I did. He showed me two weeks ago he meant business; I like to think I showed him today I mean business as well.

Incidentally, no idea why the machine thinks my body fat percentage has jumped up half a per cent. I'm sure I haven't lost 5 pounds of muscle; long runs, track sessions and body pump combined with healthy eating and protein supplements don't do that!

No comments: