Thursday 21 February 2008

Tapering

Monday 18th February
Just an hour's run on the treadmill tonight, nice and steady, loosened the legs up and had a good stretch afterwards.

Tuesday 19th February
Track session tonight, 15 x 400m, starting an effort every 2 mins 30 secs. Did 5 laps to warm up as it was freezing! When the session started, the track was very icy and slippy, so I took all the reps very steady (I had to as I could feel my feet slipping whenever I tried to accelerate). As a result the session didn't hurt as much as usual and I managed to do all 15 reps (although I'm not convinced our group did all 15 - but Sharla assured me we did?). Jogged 2 laps with Clare to warm down then headed home. I know I should have stretched but it was cold and I wanted to get off.

Wednesday 20th February
Body pump and spinning tonight. Used some good heavy weights in pump but felt a bit tired, still struggled on the chest track. Spinning with James was good as always, and as always I got a crappy bike with too much resistance. Was careful not to overdo it as my legs were tired as it was.

Taper down for Bourton 10k on Sunday now, so complete rest Thursday, full body massage with Ali friday and then maybe a light body pump Saturday. As I write it turns out I may have a race no for the Bath half on 16th March after all, which I'm pleased about. Now I can maybe use Reading half more as a warm-up and hope to get a new PB at Bath instead.

No comments: